Thursday, October 23, 2014

My grace is sufficient

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me"(‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12‬:‭9‬ KJV). The grace of God brings us to a place in our lives where we can bear the cross that God has given us to carry daily. There will be times when pride may want to shoot up from within our hearts or times when temptation surrounds us and maybe we fall into it. However, God's grace is sufficient at all times. We must recognize ourselves as being weak and Christ as being strong. The Lord will try to get us to see our weakness and how weak we really are, for that is His intention. Jesus wants us to totally depend on Him, whereby we can obtain His strength through the Holy Spirit at all times. At times, the flesh can get very grievous when the thorns of sin begin to cause suffering and misery. It will begin to cause a spiritual weight upon the child of God's heart, and it brings discouragement to our lives, even to the point of hindering the work of God. Satan will always try to buffet us, just as he did the apostle Paul. In doing so, satan wants to overrule us with condemnation and guilt. However, Paul prayed during the times of affliction, with a thorn in his flesh. The Lord gave him His answer "My grace is sufficient for you." Our sufficiency is in God. God bless you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment